Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beginnings

I have thought about starting this blog for about 6 months. Having a child under a year old slowed the process down a little for me. Now, I am ready to roll so, let's do this.

I love thrifting, I love sewing and I love fashion. My pocketbook is not large and has gotten progressively smaller since the birth of my son, L, so shopping has taken a backseat. Or should I say shopping at full price, for myself, has taken a backseat. Which is why thrifting has made its way up my list of hobbies over the past year. Since I am a seamstress by trade I often buy things that don't fit because I can get them for a good price and alter it to fit me. I have recently found a love for refashioning. This is where the idea for the blog came about.

First, I hope to share with you not only what I find in thrift stores but also what I find first hand on saleand how I do it. Second I want to share with you my sewing skills and how-to's for what I alter and refashion. Throw in a little fashion fun and we have a blog...or at least I hope I do.

  I am not looking to refashion my husband's old golf sweater into a skirt or anything of the sort. (Not that I have anything against those that do, it's just not for me.) So, if that's what you are looking for you might not be to interested in what I have to say.  I am more interested in taking what I find and molding it into the current seasons trends. Taking something you might normally overlook and making it fashionable. I might also point out that I am not the writer so please forgive my grammatical errors and run-on sentences. All I want to show you is how to take the cheap and turn it into the chic!

My first how-to post will be soon! So keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment